Tuesday, August 24, 2004

journal entry

Each time I write the date I can sense myself searching, wanting to be anchored somewhere, longing to know just where I am and where I've been and where I'm going. Hoping inside for a forgotten memory to just hit me ... "Oh! the 24th! That means only 7 days left until ..." or "Oh! Tomorrow is my birthday!" No such luck. Today is simply the 24th. Yesterday the 23rd. Tomorrow the 25th. No special plans or exciting new journeys. Or are there?
Perhaps any day can be a holiday in the Spirit. Could it be that time spent with Jesus can breathe new life into any boring and forgettable day? I'd like to think so. I sure hope so.

His mercies are new every morning,
never stretched and worn thin like my patience.
He is never gone on teacher inservice days,
never off-line,
never boarded up for repairs.



"The Lord will command His lovingkindness in the daytime;
And His song will be with me in the night,
A prayer to the God of my life." Ps 42:8

Oh, God of my life, lift my eyes from this tired maze of details and decisions that cannot be made. Help me to become so enthralled with Your presence that waiting for answers becomes truly peripheral. I so long for a sense of purpose, energy, and anointing. My soul is thirsty and discontent. Satisfy my soul in You. Only You.