Sunday, September 05, 2004

taste and see!

This one has been great to chew on ...

"Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk,
so that by it you may grow up in your salvation,
now that you have tasted that the Lord is good."
I Peter 2:2-3

Unless I satisfy my craving with pure spiritual milk (where will I find that?) I will remain spiritually immature. It's time to grow up! I have truly tasted the Lord's goodness. How could I turn anywhere else to fill my craving? It's unthinkable. But yet I do.

I'm engaged in a personal experiment this month: memorizing I Peter. (The goal is a chapter a week for the month of September.) It's been years since I've attempted to memorize Scripture. I always preferred study over memorization. But I'm in a different season of life, with fewer opportunities to study and more moments to meditate. So far it's been so rich! When I feel that thirst coming on, I have pure spiritual milk available no matter where I am. Anyone want to join me? Taste and see!