Saturday, May 03, 2008

anniversaries of the heart

Well, it's coming up on 2 years since my last post on this blog. I wish I could say that the reason was my busy life, but I'm afraid that wouldn't be the whole truth. The fact is 'soul thirst' hasn't been the most accurate characterization of the season I've been in. Since my last post we bought a house here in Charlotte, put the girls in school, I started a masters degree, we found a new church and we've been really content with our life. Danny's job is the perfect fit for him and the hard, dry season of wrestling has ended. Parenting consumes most of my attention and the energy I have left is devoted to school. Each time I've thought about blogging I come to the conclusion that 'soul thirst' just doesn't describe me spiritually right now. Until lately.

I'm starting to wake up to the fact that being comfortable and happy has its disadvantages. I feel less keenly the need to depend on God. The pace and schedule of life sweeps me along without cause for reevaluation. I'd like that to change somehow. I'd like to experience once again that sense of really longing for God - that feeling that without him I'm toast. I'm not really sure how to get back there, but I thought blogging might help. So here goes.

Jesus, be the center.
Be my hope.
Be my song, Jesus.